The Tim Ferriss Show is an award winning podcast focused on “deconstructing world-class performers”, I absolutely love this podcast not only for the diverse range of content from business to philosophy and sports but also for the star-studded range of interviewees Tim brings onto the show. Tim interviews these experts in their fields to find out what makes them tick and perform at consistently high levels from morning routines and rituals to their personal meditation practices, favourite books, movies and much more. Tim also occasionally does his own solo episodes or shares audio chapters from his favourite books like The Tao of Seneca.
I often find myself pausing his episodes to take notes on life-changing quotes, new apps and products mentioned, tips and tricks and googling whatever stuff that comes up to find out more. If I miss something or am unable to spell them out on google, I can always rely on the meticulous show notes he puts up on his blog which are all conveniently linked already.
Additionally, Tim Ferris is an excellent interviewer and I get the impression that he is best buds with every guest he brings on to the show. He is sincere, very detail-oriented, well prepared and never fails to think through the ears of the audience – he will politely interrupt to explain terms and definitions to audiences who have no clue on the topic.
The following are some of my favourite episodes I’ve recently heard:
- The Secrets of Gymnastic Strength Training
- Josh Waitzkin, The Prodigy Returns
- Meet “Scorpion,” The Real-Life Santa Claus
- How Seth Godin Manages His Life — Rules, Principles, and Obsessions
- Naval Ravikant on Happiness Hacks and the 5 Chimps Theory
- Derek Sivers on Developing Confidence, Finding Happiness, and Saying “No” to Millions
- Dom D’Agostino on Fasting, Ketosis, and the End of Cancer
- “The Iceman,” Wim Hof
Wondering what a podcast is? Click here for more info XD