I’ve been itching to make some pancakes for a while and so bought some Spelt flour this week.
After lots of YouTube-ing, I decided to try these Greek Yogurt Banana Spelt Pancakes! 🥞
Wow thats a mouthful eh… The bananas came impromptu when my flatmate wanted to make banana pancakes too and I said I was planning on making for everyone and he told me to use his bananas which were very ripe!
Here’s the recipe:
- In a large bowl, smash 2 medium bananas
– 1 cup of Greek yogurt
– 2 eggs lightly beaten
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Whisk until smooth
- Then add:
– 1 tbsp sugar
– 3/4 cup spelt flour
– 1/4 cup all purpose flour
– 1/2 tsp cinnamon
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 1/2 tsp baking soda
– 1 tsp baking powder
- Whisk until just combined
– if too thick, add any kind of milk 1 tbsp at a time
– if too thin, add more flour 1 tbsp at a time
- Leave to sit while you grease a pan with butter/coconut oil
- Spoon pancakes 2 tbsp at a time onto pan
– add toppings if desired like berries or chocolate chips
- Cook pancakes on medium heat until air pockets form and the sides dry out (2-4 mins)
- Flip and cook until golden brown (1-2 more mins)
- Serve with maple syrup, honey, melted butter, more yogurt or jam! 🥞
If you decide to give this recipe a try, let me know how it goes! As well any tips/improvements would be greatly appreciated.
Do you have a favourite pancake recipe?
Love, Peace and Health