What are theories?
Therefore our Naturopathic Theories are systems of ideas used to assist the understanding of health and disease and to guide healing.
There are 11 main theories :
- Vital Force and Theory of Vitality
- Integration of the Individual
- Naturopathic Cures – detoxification, revitalization, stabilization and regeneration
- Value of a Fever
- Therapeutic Order
- Naturopathic Triad of Health
- Unity of Disease
- Hering’s Law of Cure
- Theory of Toxaemia
- Emunctory Theory
- Humoral Theory
Several of these overlap with the Naturopathic Principles. For example:
- Theory 1 – Vital Force and Theory of Vitality is synonymous with the naturopathic
philosophy of vitalism
- Theory 2 – Integration of the Individual is considered in the principle of Tolle totum (Treat the Whole Person)
- Theory 6 – Naturopathic Triad of Health. This refers to the triad of Body, Mind and Spirit. This is covered in the principle of Tolle totum (Treat the Whole Person) once again.
The rest of the theories are rather interesting hence I will dedicate the next few posts to them.
Until then, stay well.
- World Naturopathic Federation. (2017). WNF White Paper: Naturopathic Philosophies, Principles and Theories. Retrieved from http://worldnaturopathicfederation.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/WNF_White_Paper_June-2017.pdf
Want to receive updates on latest posts? Subscribe below!