This theory is an interesting one.
Hering’s Law of Cure is based off observations in nature and people where certain diseases seem to develop in various directions within the body:
- from the periphery to the centre
- from the outside to the inside
- and from the bottom up
Therefore Hering’s Law of Cure describes the direction of cure – which moves from the opposite direction:
- The cure must proceed from centre to circumference.
- From above > downward
- From within > outwards
- From more important to less important organs, and
- From the head to the hands and feet. 
Personally, I have experienced this in my own autoimmune disease.
If I am not careful with my diet, the symptoms always start in my peripheries – joint stiffness and swelling in my fingers.
Conversely, during my recovery, the symptoms improved from the inside out – starting with the joints in my torso (hips, lower back, SC-joint) to my elbows and ankles and finally my fingers (peripheries).
This is such a simple and intriguing phenomenon, not really backed by science (can’t perform any randomized controlled trials eh?) but rather backed by the ‘original science’ of simple Observation.
So I guess Healing does begin from the Inside Out.
Have you experienced this too?
Peace & Healing,
- World Naturopathic Federation. (2017). WNF White Paper: Naturopathic Philosophies, Principles and Theories. Retrieved from http://worldnaturopathicfederation.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/WNF_White_Paper_June-2017.pdf
- Commonly Asked Questions About Taking Herbs – Holistic MD answers (drfostersessentials.com)
Posts in this series:
- Naturopathic Theories overview
- Naturopathic Cures
- “Value of a Fever”
- The Therapeutic Order