Many people worry about what to eat if they have to cut out bread or milk or eggs from their breakfast.
“How do I get enough protein/calcium?” … “Will I have enough energy?”
My go-to is a simple bowl of overnight soaked rolled oats/spelt, cooked with some salt and spices like cinnamon or turmeric.
From there, there are many ways you can customize your breakfast bowl.
- the oats/spelt will provide some
- activated nuts and seeds – soaked overnight and dehydrated/toasted (optional)
- nut/seed butters (e.g. peanut, almond, cashew, sesame, pumpkin)
- Granolas (homemade & activated is best)
- a soft boiled egg (omit on vegan/’fasting’ days)
- Greek yogurt without added flavorings or additives (omit on vegan/’fasting’ days)
For flavour & nutrition:
- nutritional yeast (for B-vitamins)
- sprouts (e.g. homegrown broccoli sprouts)
- sunflower oil (organic, cold-pressed)
- fruits like berries, kiwi, papaya, pineapple, avocado
- salad leaves
- raisins/sultanas, dates, honey/maple syrup if you have a sweet tooth (in moderation of course)
Any extra ideas are welcome (:
What’s your go-to healthy breakfast?
- Why soak nuts, seeds, grains, legumes? See Healthy Plate: Carbohydrates